The orphic hymns are a collection of 87 short religious poems composed in either the late hellenistic c3rd or c2nd bc or early roman c1st to c2nd ad era. This translation of the orphic hymns is the best ive found by far with small improvements over athanassakis 1977 translation the 2013 edition far outstrips the traditionally used thomas taylor text. The orphic hymns translation introduction and notes by apostolos n athanassakis and benjamin m wolkow at the very beginnings of the archaic age the great singer orpheus taught a new religion that centered around the immortality of the human soul and its journey after death. The orphic hymns also includes thomas taylors eighteenth century translation as an appendix an index of purposes and a concordance with a glossary a pronunciation guide mythic backgrounds and cross references of every deity and place named in the hymns
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.