Hobsbawm eric 1959 primitive rebels studies in archaic forms of social movements in the 19 th and 20 th centurynew york norton in eric hobsbawms famous book primitive rebels are those engaged in pre political or blind and groping forms of social agitation their politics are often ambiguous and perhaps even reformist if not conservative and they are more often rural . Hobsbawms early book primitive rebels isnt really about anything primitive or rebels as such its basically about education or what you do when you dont have any. In eric hobsbawms masterful study primitive rebels he shines a light on the origins of contemporary rebellion robin hood secret societies revolutionary peasants mafiosi spanish civil war anarchy pre industrial mobs and riots all of which have fed in to our notions of dissent in the modern world
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.